Capsules are special “tablets” containing a washing gel. You can use capsules for washing both colored and white linen. They are able to quickly dissolve in water even at a temperature of 30 degrees, after which a concentrated product that effectively fights impurities leaves the container.
How to use capsules for washing?
To maximize the washing quality, you need to use the capsules correctly:
- "Tablets" can not be used for hand washing, as they are intended only for the machine. It is not recommended to open the capsule, as getting the gel on the skin can cause irritation.
- A standard capsule is designed for about five kilograms of laundry. Manufacturers recommend using two “pills” only for clothes with severe pollution and stubborn stains.
- It is necessary to put the product on the bottom of the washing machine, and not in the clothes themselves and, moreover, not in the powder compartment.
- It is important to use the product in the recommended temperature range and put enough laundry in the drum. Otherwise, the shell may not completely dissolve, due to which there will be stains on the clothes.
Pros and Cons of Laundry Capsules Compared to Powder
The gel “bombs” contain active components that penetrate the pollution twice and deeper and eliminate it. Other benefits of using them:
- the absence of white spots on things, which is especially often when cleaning outerwear with powder;
- there is no dust, which is almost always formed when the powder falls into its intended compartment;
- the presence of an air conditioner that gives the clothes softness and leaves a pleasant smell;
- a gel capsule can be used for ordinary and delicate things, so you do not need to buy different products for each type of laundry;
- there is no need to measure the exact amount of powder, since one “pill” is enough for the average volume of clothes (4-6 kilograms);
- the gel is washed well the first time, so you do not need to include an additional rinse.
The disadvantages of capsules include the following:
- A “pill” cannot be divided into several parts. If things are washed frequently and in small quantities, it is not profitable.
- The tool is not recommended for manual use.
- Beautiful packaging and unusual appearance attract children who can try a bright "pill", which will lead to poisoning. Therefore, the product must be stored in a place accessible only to adults.
Since capsules are much more expensive than regular powder, it is worth choosing them carefully according to the optimal ratio of quality and price. The average cost of one package is about 300 rubles.
The most popular brands of manufacturers:
- Tide. There are 23 small “bombs” in the package that remove as much laundry as would take 3.5 kilograms of ordinary powder. They can be used to wash white and colored items. Judging by the reviews, they not only effectively remove stains, but also preserves the color of the fabric and its structure.
- Persil. Gel tablets consist of two sections. One of them helps to remove stubborn stains, the other preserves the color of the fabric. There are three types of packages: 15, 25 or 30 capsules. The manufacturer also promises to protect the washing machine from scale and limescale.
- "Gloss". The brand produces the product in the same format as Persil, in the form of a double tablet. It is designed for very dirty things and gives them not only cleanliness, but also a pleasant unobtrusive aroma.
- Ariel Blue “pills” are for colored items, and green ones are for white. The stain remover, which is part of the gel, effectively copes even with severe pollution, does not spoil the color. Things after washing are soft and easy to iron. Variety "3 in 1" consists of three different color liquids, which are responsible for the cleanliness, color and smell of linen.
So, washing capsules are convenient and economical to use. They are dermatologically safe and can be used to wash children and allergy sufferers. The packaging is ergonomic and takes up minimal space. The lid opens and closes effortlessly, so you don’t need to use a clothespin for clamping, as is the case with a powder bag.