Absolutely all spices are tastier if you grind them just before eating. This explains the desire of the housewives to use the mill for spices again. As practice shows, the first such tool in the house is a disposable one. But if desired, the empty jar can be filled again and again. You just need to know how to open it.
Open a disposable jar with a mill
Pepper with a mill is often sold at a stock. The jar is filled with large peas, but it is worth twisting the nozzle - and the pepper turns into ground. When the spices are over, many make an attempt to unscrew the grinding nozzle and refill the container. Just do it is not so easy - the lid scrolls and does not lend itself.
The thing is that the nozzle on a disposable mill has no thread. She sits tightly on the ledge of the neck. However, you can remove it:
- Boil the kettle and prepare a deep bowl.
- Fill it with boiling water and lower the mill there with the nozzle down.
- Wait 1–2 minutes and remove the heated, supple plastic with a simple movement of the hand.
You can open a disposable mill without warming up. But then it will take a lot of effort. It is better to entrust the business to a strong man. You need to pull the nozzle towards yourself, slowly scrolling.
Some try to pry plastic with a knife or screwdriver. So the container also opens, but there is a great risk of injury. Is it worth the risk when there is a simple and affordable way with heating the nozzle with boiling water?
How to reuse the mill?
After you managed to open the mill, do not rush to fill it. First you need to prepare her for a new "life cycle":
- Wash the jar and nozzle with dishwashing detergent.
- If you plan to use other spices, you should additionally wipe the entire mill with vinegar diluted with water 1: 1. Otherwise, the aromas will mix.
- Then you need to dry everything thoroughly. If the spices get wet, they will not be crushed, crumpled and may become moldy.
- Pour your favorite spices into the jar and put the nozzle back in place with a sharp, sweeping motion. Check if it is spinning well.
- You can use the “disposable” mill again!
Most often, mills are filled with black pepper and peas and coarse salt. Try experimenting. The container can be filled with different types of peppers, sugar, cinnamon, dried garlic, spicy roots and herbs.
A real gourmet does not need to explain what the advantage of freshly ground spices over ground in packages is. Fragrant aroma, rich taste - this is something that can not be abandoned. You can use a disposable mill with spices several times, using the trick of heating plastic. But keep in mind that it is not eternal. The millstones grinding spices will become dull after the second or third filling of the jar. For the future it is worth taking a closer look at the reusable mill: it is easy to add spices to it, you can adjust the grinding fraction, and it looks in the kitchen much more stylish and presentable.