The ability to tie a tie beautifully is one of the necessary skills of a man who prefers a classic style. How to tie a tie? There are over 80 ways. All kinds of schemes, instructions with photos and videos allow you to learn this.
Consider several popular ways.
Simple knot, or Four-in-hand
It is easy to guess that working with such a node is extremely simple. This scheme is perfect for beginners. The knot can be considered universal: it looks great on a variety of ties. The shirt collar can also be any, the main thing is that it does not cover the base of the tie.
Here is a step-by-step guide. In all the described methods, the "working" will be the wide side of the tie.
- Place the accessory under the collar, which can be lifted for convenience. At the same time, the shirt should be fastened with all the buttons. The narrow part of the tie should be on the right.
- Cross the sides, placing the narrow one at the bottom.
- Stretch the wide part under the narrow one to the left, then - to the right already above the narrow one (it should wrap around the narrow part).
- Insert the wide part into the loop at the base from the wrong side and stretch it, going from the bottom up. Below the front side, another loop should form. Pass the wide part through it. Pull it, supporting the formed knot with your fingers.
- If you did everything correctly, a knot in the shape of a cone will be formed. If in the process it has shifted a little down, just pull it to the collar. For this method, slight asymmetry is allowed. If necessary, fix the accessory with a clamp.
Having learned how to tie a tie with a light knot, you can proceed to the study of more complex photos and schemes.
This is a large and voluminous knot, which is recommended to be performed on a medium-sized tie. It is considered a classic and fits perfectly into the business dress code. It looks beautiful with a shirt with an English collar, the corners of which are widely spaced.
- Hang a tie, cross the sides, placing the narrow one at the bottom.
- Stretch the wide part under the narrow one and thread it into the loop under the collar. As a result, the wide part should be located directly above the narrow one.
- Pull the working side under the narrow part to the left, then to the right now over the narrow part.
- Place the wide part in the loop and pull it up. Pull it down and pass it into the knot, which should be formed as a result of previous steps.
- The final stage: tighten the new knot and, if necessary, correct it under the collar.
Performing Windsor is difficult. Not everyone can understand the first time how to tie a tie with such a knot, and remember the sequence of actions. But here the main thing is to "get your hand in it." Over time, you will learn to perform these actions automatically.
Some materials twist while wearing, which does not look very presentable. When buying, put the tie with the wide part on your hand. The “correct” model hangs freely from the palm of your hand without twisting. When you put on such a tie, it will lie perfectly.
It is considered universal, therefore suitable for a tie of any size and made of any fabric. It will be great to combine with any shirt.
- Cross the sides so that the narrow one is at the bottom.
- Stretch the wide part under the narrow left.
- Lift it up and pull it through the loop at the base from top to bottom. After that, the wide side should again be on the left side.
- Put it over the narrow part to the right.Then, from bottom to top, stretch it under the collar and insert it into the loop to form a knot.
- It is not necessary to straighten and smooth the knot; for this method, folds are allowed. In any case, it will look just fine.
Suitable for shortened neckties with filler, which are heavier. It goes well with shirts that have a thin collar.
- Place the tie under the collar with the wrong side out. Flatten the sides crosswise so that the thin end is on top.
- Pass the wide part under the collar at the top and pull it down.
- Move it to the left, stretching over the narrow side. Then pull into the loop under the collar from the bottom up.
- A loop should form a little lower on the front side. Pass the wide end into it and tighten under the collar.
Oriental, or small, knot
It favorably emphasizes the advantages of accessories made of thick and heavy materials, including woolen and woven.
- Throw the tie on the shirt with the wrong side facing out. The wide part should be located on the left, below the narrow one.
- Cross the sides so that the narrow one remains on top.
- Move the wide part over the narrow one to the right and pull it through the loop under the collar from bottom to top.
- Pull it into the formed ear from the outside. Then you just have to tighten the knot.
Due to several revolutions, an additional thickening is formed, which perfectly complements a thin tie.
- Hang the tie face out. The wide end should hang on the left just below the narrow one.
- Cross the sides so that the narrow part is at the bottom.
- Pull the wide part of the tie to the left under the narrow one. Then stretch it to the right, laying on a narrow part. At the same time, try not to stretch the material too tight, otherwise it will complicate further actions.
- Wrap the wide side around the narrow one more time.
- Now pull the wide part through the loop under the collar from the inside to the outside, heading from the bottom up.
- Pull the tie through both loops formed on the outside.
- Final touch: form a knot and spread it.
So, you have purchased a beautiful accessory, studied photos and videos with a sequence of actions. But this may not be enough, because in this matter there are a lot of subtleties that are definitely worth considering.
- If you can not determine with the method, pay attention to your physique. For large men with a massive neck and a wide face, a tie with a wide knot is suitable, thin - a thin and compact knot.
- Material must also be considered. If you prefer intricate and voluminous knots, choose ties from light fabrics. Small nodes, on the contrary, emphasize the features of the accessory made of dense materials.
- A properly formed knot is strong and tight, it should not look loose and weak. True, for an informal style, it is permissible if the knot is tied a couple of centimeters below the collar.
- The knot is formed directly under the collar, and not on the hands. Otherwise, symmetry may be broken.
- When tied, the tie should not be very long or, conversely, short. Suitable length is about 2 cm below the waist.
How to remove and store?
Your tie should be in excellent condition. A common mistake of many men is that at the end of the day they, without untying a tie, simply remove it from the neck and hang it. At the folds, the fabric is frayed and dust accumulates. After wearing, you must definitely untie the tie, even if it was tied just perfectly. So you can keep its original appearance much longer. It’s easy to untie a tie: do it in the reverse order to the one in which you tied.
It is better to store the accessory in a suspended position, for example, on a special hanger. Spread it out with clean hands before removing. During storage, do not allow sunlight to hit things, otherwise the material will quickly lose its original color and gloss.If you have to travel regularly on business trips, get a special case with which you can keep the look of your tie.
It is not recommended to wash and iron the tie. In case of stains, it is better to contact dry cleaning. If the fabric is wrinkled, simply roll it into a “roll”, preventing the formation of new folds, and leave it like this for several hours or overnight.
To iron a tie, it is better to insert it into cardboard, exactly repeating its shape, and cover with a damp cloth or use a steamer.
At first it may seem to you that tying a tie is a difficult task that not everyone can handle. But after several attempts, you will realize that doing this is not so difficult. In the future, the whole process will take you no more than 5 minutes.